Except as noted, prices are in US dollars.
- PowerBook 1400 G3 Upgrade Deal
- RadTech: New Online Supplier of ‘Book Accessories
- Dana PDA-based Alternative to a Laptop Computer
- Netgear MR314 Wireless Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch for $79.88
- PowerPad High Capacity Laptop Accessory Batteries
- PC Card Modem/Ethernet Cards
- Bargain ‘Books
- 466 MHz PowerPC 750 processor with 1 MB of backside level 2 cache running at 166 MHz
- Installs into Processor Card Connector (in same place as original CPU).
- Extends battery life up to 30%
- 100% compatible with existing hardware and software
- No switches, jumpers, or control panels to set
- Quick Start Guide available in English, French, and Japanese
- The Crescendo/PB G3 replaces the original 117, 133, or 166 MHz 603e processor card with a G3 card running at 466 MHz.
- High-speed level 2 backside cache to achieve the impressive speed improvements of this PowerPC upgrade.
- Applications perform tasks at faster speeds, giving you the power to be more productive and creative.
- The Crescendo/PB G3 is compatible with your existing hardware, software, RAM, and peripherals.
- The Crescendo/PB G3 seamlessly integrates with your system software, supporting the latest innovations and enhanced performance through Mac OS 9.1.
- The Crescendo/PB G3 is easy to install with step-by-step, illustrated instructions.
- Simply open your laptop computer, remove the processor card, and replace it with a Crescendo/PB G3 upgrade card. Just that fast, you are PowerPC-accelerated.
Enhance your Mac portable experience with RadTech’s innovative solutions.
- ScreenSaveRz cloth with optional custom engraving. Protects your laptop screen from keyboard marks – doubles as a screen cleaner. Fabric is designed for polishing plastic optics. ScreenSavRz dampened with water will remove existing light scuffing. Always have your cleaning solution with you. No more sprays or wet wipes!
- Ti-Glide adjusts the PowerBook’s hinge to a proper tension. The Ti-Glide Chassis Enhancement Kit smoothes tight hinges, fast. Contains everything you need. Apply the metal conditioner for tight hinges. Align hinge mounts if necessary. Use the included Ti-tool for really tight hinges.
- PowerSleevz protects the PowerBook G4’s paint from scratches. Good-bye, scratched paint. Sleevz fit your ‘Book, like a glove. Made from Optex cloth.
- WildEepz! replacement display cushions for PowerBook and iBook protect display, bezel, palmrest, paint. Perfectly sized, transparent, adhesive-backed silicone cushions. Clean styling, virtually invisible. Handy template makes perfect installation a snap. Clearance is positively maintained. No flex or slop when closed. Latch mechanism is correctly loaded. No surprise unlatching when carrying.
The Dana runs on the Palm OS, the world-standard handheld operating system, giving users access to more than 10,000 Palm applications.
Dana includes a full-size keyboard and a screen that’s 3.5 times wider than the typical handheld screen. You can type or enter data using the keyboard or by writing with the Dana stylus directly onto the screen. All Palm applications are compatible with Dana, and many are ready to take advantage of the wide screen.
- Runs over 10,000 Palm OS applications – with many ready to take advantage of the wide screen
- Up to 30 hours uninterrupted work with a single battery charge
- HotSync to your PC – just like a PDA
- No waiting – instant on
- Weighs less than 2 lbs. – lightweight and travel tough
With Dana, you can print directly to a USB or IrDA-enabled printer, add Multimedia Card or SD (Secure Digital) cards, and easily exchange files with many popular PC applications like Microsoft Word and Excel.
Size: 1.9″ H x 12.4 ” W x 9.3″ D (4.8 cm H x 31.4 cm W x 23.5 cm D)
Weight: 2.0 lbs., 0.91 kg
- Import CSV, Tab delimited, TXT, vCard, and vCal
- Synchronize appointments, to-do list, memos, and word processing documents
Operating System: Palm OS Software v4.1
- Rechargeable battery pack
- AC adapter
- 3 AA batteries (not included)
Storage Capacity: 8 MB of memory. Stores thousands of addresses, years of appointments, hundreds of to-do items, memos, and documents, and more than 50 applications (based on average application size of 50K)
The Dana sells for $399.
Netgear’s MR314 cable/DSL wireless router with four-port switch and access point offers the easiest way to share and extend your high-speed cable/DSL modem Internet connection, either with or without wires. This high-performance IEEE 802.11b standards-based router connects all your Macs and PCs equipped with AirPort and other wireless PC cards, while an integrated four-port switch connects your devices that need ethernet wiring.
The integrated Web-content filtering and alerts allow you to restrict Internet access based on Web addresses, Web address keywords, or the time of day, and protect your family or business with a safe surfing environment. Network Address Translation (NAT) and virtual private network (VPN) pass-through provides your network with protection from hackers. Simple Web-based instructions get your PC network up and running in less than an hour. With the MR314 reliability, you can rest assured that your network will stay up and running, backed by the Netgear five-year warranty.
The MR314 allows you to share and extend your cable/DSL connection to anywhere in your home or office, without the time or expense of ethernet cabling. The built-in access point enables the MR314 to be used in larger wireless networks in conjunction with other standards-based wireless access points. For additional ease of use, Auto Uplink eliminates the need for cumbersome crossover cables.
NAT security and VPN pass-through features give you a greater level of protection against hacker attacks, while 40/64 and 128-bit WEP encryption guard your wireless network for maximum privacy.
Web content filtering options let you customize restricted Internet access policies. Email reports and instant alerts keep you up to date on Web browsing activity.
Sturdy metal construction on the outside, dependable 802.11b standards-based technology on the inside, all backed by a five-year warranty to give you high-performance reliability.
- Wireless or wired Internet access through a broadband modem
- Enables Cable/DSL modem connection sharing via its built in 4-port switch or integrated wireless IEEE 802.11b Access Point
- Robust control features including web content filtering, logging, reporting and alerts
- Sturdy design, durable metal construction
- NAT routing security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) pass-through support
Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
List Price: $213. Available from Amazon.com for $109.88. Mail-In Rebates: $30. Net cost after rebates: $79.88
PowerPad 160 C
Perfect for PowerBook users when more than a few hours of portable power is a must. With 6 X’s more run-time than internal notebook batteries, the PowerPad 160C takes you from morning until night, without the need for electrical outlets. Compatible with Apple G3 and G4 PowerBooks.
PowerPad 120 C
PowerBook users get up to 4 X’s more power with this external portable computer battery. Sleek and lightweight the PowerPad 120C keeps PowerBook users going with more than a full day of portable power. Compatible with Apple G3 and G4 PowerBooks.
For more information, visit the Electrovaya website.
These support the still-unsurpassed GlobalFax software.
- Global Village 56k PC Card modem Global Village 56k Fax/Modem PCMCIA Card, $49.99
- Global Village 56k PC Card modem/ethernet Global Village 56k Fax/Modem PCMCIA Card with built-in 10Base-T Ethernet Networking, $69.99
These cards are available from Wegener Media.
There are two different versions of WallStreet running at 233 MHz, the cacheless MainStreet version and the later Series II with a level 2 cache. It’s not always possible to determine from the vendor’s listing which is being offered, so we’ve included links within this paragraph to the two models. The same goes for the PowerBook G4/667 (Gigabit Ethernet/2001) and G4/667 (DVI).
- PowerBook 3400c/200, 16/2 GB/CD/Floppy/33.6/TFT, $399.95
- PowerBook 3400c/180, 32/1.3 GB/CD/Floppy/33.6/ethernet, $299.95
- PowerBook G4/667, 256/30 GB/DVD, AirPort, $1,925
- PowerBook 5300ce, 117 MHz, 32/1 GB/floppy, 10.4″ TFT, $144
- PowerBook 5300cs, 100 MHz, 56/3 GB/floppy, 10.4″ dual-scan, $125
- PowerBook Wallstreet G3/233 w/ backside cache, 14.1″, 64/2 GB/24x CD-ROM, AC, battery, $519
- PowerBook Lombard G3/333, 128/6 GB, no CD, no modem, $824
- PowerBook Lombard G3/400, 256/6 GB/DVD, $1,199
- PowerBook Pismo G3/400, 320/6 GB/DVD, $1,579
- PowerBook Pismo G3/500, 384/10 GB, no CD, $1,535
- PowerBook Pismo G3/500, 384/5 GB/DVD, $1,616
- iBook 600 12″, 128/20 GB/CD, refurbished, $1,089
- iBook 700 12″, 128/20 GB/Combo, refurbished, $1,345
- iBook 600 12″, 128/20G/CD, refurbished, $1,059
- iBook 500, 128/10G/Combo, refurbished, $1,199
- iBook 700 12″, 128/20 GB/Combo, refurbished, $1,299
- iBook 700 14″, 256/30 GB/Combo, refurbished, $1,629