The 2G iPod touch is about 30% more powerful than the original iPod touch and was the first one with Bluetooth. It was also the first iPod touch with volume buttons and a built-in speaker.
The 2G iPod touch was the first one to ship with iPhone OS 2, so it came with full support for the App Store and third-party apps.
Unlike the iPhone, the 2G iPod touch has no camera and no wireless data option.
- Announced: 2008.09.09 at $229 (8 GB), $299 (16 GB), and $399 (32 GB)
- Included accessories: earbuds, USB 2.0 30-pin dock cable, dock connector, stand, polishing cloth
- Code name:
- Identifier: iPod2,1
- Model number: A1288
- Product numbers: MB528, MB086 (8 GB), MB531 (16 GB), MB533 (32 GB)
- CPU: 620 MHz Samsung ARM 1176JF(F)-S clocked at 532 MHz
- RAM: 128 MB
- Architecture: 32-bit
- Audio chip: Cirrus Logic CS4398
- Graphics engine: PowerVR MBX Lite
- Display: 3.5″ 320 x 480 pixel 18-bit multitouch screen
- Camera: none
- Sensors: accelerometer, ambient light
- I/O port: 30-pin dock connector
- WiFi: 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR
- Wireless data: none
- GPS: WiFi-assisted GPS
- Battery: 739 mAh lithium ion
- Charge time: about 4 hours (2 hour fast charge to 80% capacity)
- Battery life:
- Video: up to 6 hours
- Audio: up to 36 hours
- Original OS: iPhone OS 2.1.1
- Maximum OS: iOS 4.2.1
- iTunes Versions: iTunes 8.0 and later.
- Mac OS Required: OS X 10.4.10 or later
- Windows Versions Supported: Vista, XP Home or Professional SP 2 or later
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions: 4.3″ x 2.4″ x 0.33″
- Weight: 4.05 oz.
- Best iPod touch Prices, best online deals on iPhones.
- iPod touch, Wikipedia
- iPod touch (2nd generation), apple-history.com
Short link: http://goo.gl/frMEDq