In 2000, Jonathan Ploudre did a lengthy series of articles explaining where work bottlenecks are and provided tips on how to best work around them.
- Speed Reconsidered points out the real world performance isn’t always related to hardware speed.
- Bottlenecks: What Is Your Mac’s Slowest Component? explains that the thing that most holds back your Mac’s performance is often you, the user.
- Three User Accelerators provides tips to help new Mac users, experienced ones, and power users to become more efficient.
- Picking Fast Software explains that the newest, most feature-laden software is often bloated and slow, so older, simpler software can help your work faster.
- Optimizing Mac Software looks at how adjusting preferences can make software work the way you want it to.
Short link: http://goo.gl/RNZnVH