Many Mac models can be “chipped” to run at a higher speed. These pages provide information on the maximum reliable speed. This may vary from one machine to the next. Chipping is not authorized by Apple. Any modifications you perform on your Mac may damage it. Modifications are done at your own risk.
A special thanks to Chris Placzek for providing most this information for pre-G3 Macs. Be sure to visit The Clock Chipping Home Page, the definitive resource on chipping the Mac.
Pages are listed in approximate chronological order based on the introduction date for each family of Macs or CPU upgrades.
- Overclocking a Compact Mac
- Overclocking the Mac II Series
- Overclocking 68030 and 68040 PowerBooks
- Overclocking the LC Series
- Overclocking the Mac Centris Series
- Overclocking the Mac Quadra Series
- Overclocking the Quadra AV Models
- Overclocking the Sonnet QuadDoubler
- Overclocking the PowerBook Duo
- Overclocking the PowerPro
- Overclocking the Power Mac x100
- Overclocking the Beige G3
- Overclocking the Blue and White G3
Short link: http://goo.gl/OeU87s