May 3 in Apple and Low End Mac History
- Beyond four, Dan Knight, Mac Musings. "The problem is, there are things the current Macs are not designed to do."
- Configuring your iBook, Dan Knight, The 'Book Page. A look at the value and configuration options of the new iBook.
- PowerBooking in China, Korin Hasegawa-John, My Turn. Tips on traveling abroad with your PowerBook.
- Toxic computer waste, Adam Robert Guha, Apple Archive. How old computers endanger health in China, and what you can do to reduce the problem.
- High res DVI TiBooks with Mobility Radeon 7500, Apple PRAM battery guide, and more, Charles Moore. The new TiBooks, Mobility Radeon 7500, deals on peripherals, 40x FireWire CD-RW, PRAM battery guide, cases, and bargain 'Books.
- How to beat iTunes copy restricions legally, Adam Robert Guha, Apple Archive. Want to avoid the ten copies per playlist or five authorized computer limits of iTunes 4.5? Avoid the iTunes Music Store.
- 2 GB RAM in an eMac, iBook repair issue, Pismo and WallStreet questions, and more, Charles Moore, Miscellaneous Ramblings. Also password protection, file security, and OS X; using a StyleWriter under OS X, and a corrupt software download.
- iMac G5/2.0 GHz
- eMac 1.42 GHz
- The 2005 eMac and iMac value equation, Dan Knight, Mac Musings. The new eMacs and iMacs are faster, but are the close-out 2004 models better buys?
- Mac minis for the classroom despite 'no new Macs' policy, Jeff Adkins, Mac Lab Report. The Mac mini is small, affordable, and powerful enough, but it took one more important argument to get them in the classroom.
- Cocoa ligature behavior can drive you crazy, Dan Knight, Mac Musings. The Mac OS is inexplicably and automatically replacing "fi" and "fl" with ligatures on one of my Macs, and I can't make it stop.
- Less than intelligent design in electronics and computing, Dan Knight, Mac Musings. Stupid design includes VCRs that have to be shut off to record, boom boxes that can't remember a radio station, mice with hidden buttons, and iPods with no obvious way to replace the battery.
- MagSafe improved, Early 2010 MacBook Pro stalls, reviews of new MacBook Pro Models, and more, The 'Book Review. Also Apple has second-best keyboards and trackpads, new Mini DisplayPort adapter, custom color covers for MacBooks, long term impressions of the MacBook Air, and more.
- EFF on Gizmodo iPhone 4G warrant, a month with the iPad, install Android on 1G iPhone, and more, iNews Review. Also free iPad Starter Guide, iPad Camera Adapter supports keyboards and audio, Android on the 1G iPhone, and more.
- Apple Should Make Older Mac OS Versions Free, Simon Royal, Mac Spectrum. It can cost more for a copy of the Mac OS than you paid for an old Mac you want to put it on.
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ