Welcome to Advantage Mac
does about most of his work an a Mac after being converted about two years ago. He usually writes about the joys and advantages of working with OS X
- Free and low cost ways to bring some Leopard features to Macs running Tiger, 2007.10.29. You can't make Mac OS X 10.4 do everything 10.5 can, but you can get about 80% of the way there with freeware and shareware utilities.
- Vintage Macs provide a less distracting writing environment, 2007.09.18. A Mac OS X user finds an old Macintosh IIsi and discovers the joy of writing undisturbed by music, messaging, and streaming content.
- The GIMP, a free alternative to Photoshop, 2006.09.13. Although it's not as powerful or polished as Photoshop, the GIMP may be all the image editing software you need.
- Compared with creaky old Windows, OS X is a pleasure to use, 2006.09.08. Compared with bogged down Windows 9x and 2000 computers, a late 90s G3 with OS X is a breath of fresh air.
- Free Desktop Manager reduces clutter, improves work flow, 2006.08.11. Instead of cluttering your desktop with every program you're running, Desktop Manager lets you cut the clutter to focus on your work.
- Apple's Keynote 3 impresses, 2006.08.04. Keynote is far more than a PowerPoint replacement. It's a much more flexible, easier to use program.
- Switching from Windows to OS X a pleasure, 2006.08.01. "If someone has used nearly all the Windows operating systems, why would he ever switch?"
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ