The LaserWriter 12/640 PS was one of Apple’s last LaserWriter printers.
Like many later LaserWriters, it was built around a Fuji/Xerox print engine and was the first LaserWriter to support double-sided (duplex) printing, which requires a RAM upgrade. With a 64 MB memory ceiling, it can use more RAM than any previous LaserWriter.
- introduced 1996.06; discontinued 1997
- CPU: 30 MHz AMD 29040
- ROM: 4 MB
- RAM: 4 MB, expandable to 64 MB using 80ns 72-pin RAM
- resolution: 600 dpi
- speed: 12 pages per minute, 8 in duplex mode
- engine: Fuji/Xerox P893
- interfaces: LocalTalk, Ethernet, Parallel
- languages: PostScript Level 2, PCL 5
- accessory port: none
- SCSI drive support: no
- size (H/W/D): 9.25″ x 15.94″ x 16.65″
- weight: 26.5 lb.
- power supply: 790W
- LaserWriter 12/640 Specifications, Apple
Keywords: #laserwriter #laserwriter12640ps
Short link: https://goo.gl/qRtluu