In January 2013, Apple introduced a revised version of the 3rd generation Apple TV, this time with an updated A5 chip that also included an improved graphics processor.
The third generation Apple TV was the first to stream 1080p video. It can access the iTunes Store directly and stream rented content from the iTunes Store. It also supports AirPlay and can mirror the display of any Mac running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
Where the original 3G Apple TV has a 1 GHz A5 with one core disabled, the A5 in the Rev. A device is designed as a single-core chip and also included a better graphics processor.
- Announced 2013.01.28 at $99. Reduced to $69 on 2015.03.09. Replaced by 4th Generation Apple TV in October 2015.
- Project name: J33
- Model no.: A1469
- Identifier: AppleTV3,2
- Item no.: MD199
- CPU: 1 GHz single-core Apple A8
- GPU: PowerVR SGX543MP4
- RAM: 512 MB
- Video output: HDMI
- Sound output: HDMI, optical TOSLINK
- Supported resolutions: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Ethernet: 10/100
- USB: 1 micro-USB 2.0 port for service and diagnostics
- Infrared only for Apple Remote
- Original OS: Apple TV 5.2 (based on iOS 6.1)
- Maximum OS: Apple TV 7.2 (based on iOS 8.3)
- Requires iTunes 10.6 or later.
- Dimensions: 0.9″ x 3.9″ x 3.9″ (23 x 99 x 99 mm)
- Weight: 0.6 lb. (0.27 kg)
Keywords: #appletv #3gappletv
Short link: http://goo.gl/FI084R