With the rear of the computer away from you, you will see a SIMM socket near the front of the motherboard, just behind the fan. This can be filled with a 1 MB, 2 MB, 4 MB, 8 MB, 16 MB, or 32 MB SIMM. The 72-pin SIMM must be 80ns or faster.
To add memory, simply put the new SIMM in the memory socket.
- a 1 MB SIMM gives you 5 MB total
- a 2 MB SIMM gives you 6 MB total
- a 4 MB SIMM gives you 8 MB total
- an 8 MB SIMM gives you 12 MB total
- a 16 MB SIMM gives you 20 MB total
- a 32 MB SIMM gives you 36 MB total
VRAM, Where More Memory Means Less Speed
These models ship with 512 KB VRAM on the motherboard. You can upgrade this to 768 KB by installing a 256 KB VRAM SIMM in the VRAM socket on the right side of the motherboard. To reach 1 MB VRAM, install a 512 KB VRAM SIMM.
Keywords: #maclciii #maclciiiplus #maclc460 #performa460
Short link: http://goo.gl/ppn2y3