- Got a multiprocessor pre-G3 Mac or clone? Join LEM's Old Mac MP Group.
- Got a pre-G3 Power Mac with PCI slots? Join LEM's PCI PowerMacs Group.
DayStar introduced the first multiprocessor Mac OS computers with their dual- and quad-processor Genesis MP line. The first Genesis was introduced in October 1995. In August 1997, DayStar elected to discontinue manufacturing computers.
- Apple squeezes Mac clones out of the market, Dan Knight, Mac Musings, 2007.08.30. Apple started to license the Mac in 1994, the first clones arrived in 1995, and they quickly into Apple's profitable high-end market.
- CPU daughtercards, see G3 Daughter Cards and G4 Daughter Cards.
- Multiprocessing and DayStar, PC Magazine Online
- Caution: All four processors do not run when using Photoshop 5.0 or E, Adobe, 2/26/99. You must remove the Adobe MP plug-in to allow DayStar's to function.
- DriveSetup 1.3 and later is compatible with many third-party drives (requires 68040 or PPC). See our compatibility list.
- RAM Charger from Jump Development ($40) lets you get the most out of your RAM - especially helpful on Macs with 8 MB or less. By launching applications using the minimum amount of memory they need, RAM Charger lets you run more programs. It also works well with RAM Doubler. You can even download a demo.
Be sure to see the list of dealers who buy, sell, or broker used and/or refurbished Macintosh and Macompatible hardware.
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ