The Color LaserWriter 12/600 PS was a no compromise color laser printer with 600 dot-per-inch output, 110 lb. of weight, and gorgeous output. It uses four separate toner cartridges – black, cyan, yellow, and magenta.
It was replaced by the less costly Color LaserWriter 12/660 PS, which has the same specifications, in October 1996. The Color LaserWriter was a workhorse in Kinko’s locations across the US.
The Color LaserWriter 12/600 PS is reputed to be the most expensive printer Apple ever sold.
- introduced 1995.06; replaced by Color LaserWriter 12/660 PS 1996.10; discontinued in 1997
- CPU: 30 MHz AMD 29030
- ROM: 8 MB
- RAM: 12 MB, expandable to 40 MB using 60ns 72-pin RAM
- resolution: 600 dpi
- speed: 12 pages per minute for black-only, 3 pages per minute for color
- engine: Canon
- interfaces: Ethernet, LocalTalk, Parallel
- languages: PostScript Level 2 (possibly PCL 5)
- accessory port: none
- SCSI drive support: yes
- size (H/W/D): 18.0″ x 21.0″ x 23.0″
- weight: 110 lb.
- power supply: 1100W
- Color LaserWriter, Wikipedia
- Color LaserWriter 12/600 PS, AppleMatters
- Apple Color LaserWriter: Color Without Compromise (video), Computer History Museum
- Color LaserWriter 12/600 PS and 12/660 PS Service Technical Documentation (PDF)
Keywords: #laserwriter #colorlaserwriter #colorlaserwriter12600ps #colorlaserwriter12660ps
Short link: https://goo.gl/Gchu6s