iTouch and iPhone Sales Up, No 'Public Performance' Royalties for Ringtones, Grocery App, and More
This Week's iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV News
All prices are in US dollars unless otherwise noted.
News, Reviews, & Opinion
- iPod touch Sales Up 100%, New iPhone Sales Record
- Ringtones Not Entitled to 'Public Performance' Royalties
- Green Apple iPhone Matches Growing US Consumer Trend
- Apple Is Preparing Us to Live in App Space
- Autonomous Car Project Controlled with an iPhone
- Turn Your iPhone Into a Remote Audio Receiver for Your Mac or Windows PC
- Apple Admits 'Rare Cases' of Battery Overheating in 1G Pod nano
- Women Ignoring Ads on iPhone
- iPhone Photography Collection by a Real Photographer
Apps & Services
- Mozilla Releasing Unknown App for iPhone
- First Free iPhone Flight Tracking App
- Tap Grocer for iPhone and iPod touch
- BookReader Makes Reading eBooks on iPhone Simple
- Read Pride and Prejudice on Your iPod classic
- 301+ Short Stories for iPhone and iPod touch
- WiFiPhoto for iPhone Becomes a Staff Favorite on the App Store
- Sarsoft Releases Rescue Kit for iPhone
- Dangerous Decisions Introduces NIOSH Pocket Guide for iPhone
- Giessbach Rechargeable 1900 mAh External Backup Battery Charger for iPhone
- USB Fever Universal Cradle for iPod/iPhone
- Sound ID 400 Bluetooth Headset Review
- USB Fever Keychain Leather Case for 3G iPod shuffle
- New Metallic Swarovski Crystal Case for iPhone 3G/3GS
These price trackers are updated every month.
News, Reviews, & Opinion
AppleInsider's Prince McLean reports:
"Apple's Q4 2009 conference call revealed that iPod touch sales were up 100% year over year, despite essentially flat sales of all iPods over the previous two years, and that the company achieved a new record in iPhone sales as well, with 7.4 million units sold in the quarter ending in September 2009."
The Mac Observer's Bryan Chaffin reports:
"US District Judge Denise Cote ruled Friday that ringtones played on a cell phones do not constitute a 'public performance' of the song in question, and thus are not subject to royalty demands by ASCAP, the trade group that represents songwriters and copyright holders. The group had been demanding a fee from telecom carriers for every time a ringtone was players - even if the ringtone was already paid for via a mechanical licensing fee."
9 To 5 Mac's Jonny Evans reports:
"As the Green wave grows, it seems the message is slowly percolating through, with fresh research this morning claiming consumers would be willing to buy a green handset. Apple's recent moves toward environmental transparency could become another card to drive success in the smartphone war."
The Mac Observer's John Martellaro says:
"When all we had were PCs and Macs, we thought of apps as programs that provided a function: word processing or web browsing or a disk utility. Magically, however, the portability of the iPhone has encouraged developers to think on a grander scale about what an app is - even to the extent that every popular TV show should have its own app. That progression will change everything.
"A traditional app is a good tool only if you find it, like it and use it. For many, who have a daily work flow, like we all do here at the Mac Observer, that workflow requires the use of a suite of Macintosh apps used over and over."
"Spirit of Berlin is a project of the Artificial Intelligence Group, directed by Prof. Raul Rojas, at Freie Universitaet Berlin.
"This Web page shows an autonomous car controlled with an iPhone - powered by Appirion, a spin-off of the AI group.
"Team Berlin is Freie Universitaet Berlin's entry to the 2007 Urban Grand Challenge Competition - one of the semifinalists selected by DARPA (see original map of participants and map of semifinalists). The core of the team are researchers and students of Freie Universitt Berlin working together with our partners from the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (IAIS), and Rice University in Houston, Texas and the Instituto Politecnico Nacional (Mexico)
"Freie Universitaet Berlin have been building autonomous robots since 1998. The group is the two-time world champion and five times European champion in robotic soccer. Their vehicle is up and ready with drive-by-wire technology."
AppAdvice's Caleb says:
"Ever wanted to play songs from your home office computer in your kitchen or living room without the expense of remote speakers? If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, you can do just that! With this Airfoil you can transform your iPhone or iPod touch into a portable speaker to listen to audio from any or all desktop programs on your Mac or PC.
"This tutorial shows the steps necessary for the Mac to broadcast audio to the iPhone or iPod touch, but I'm sure the steps for windows are very similar."
A new Apple Knowledge Base article says:
"Apple has determined that in very rare cases, batteries in the iPod nano (1st generation) sold between September 2005 and December 2006, may overheat and prevent the iPod nano from working and deform it.
"Apple has received very few reports of such incidents, and the issue has been traced to a single battery supplier. Additionally, there have been no reports of such incidents with any other iPod nano model. If your battery shows signs of overheating, such as discoloration or deformity, stop using the iPod nano immediately and contact AppleCare as soon as possible for further assistance."
ReadWriteWeb's Sarah Perez reports:
"According to mobile marketing firm Brand in Hand, female iPhone users are the worst demographic in terms of interacting with mobile ads on the iPhone.... So why are women ignoring the ads? Apparently, they're too busy actually using the apps."
"Chase Jarvis, a guy who's a good enough photographer that Nikon asked him to advance test the Nikon D90, just put out a photo-book called 'The Best Camera Is The One That's With You'. He only used an iPhone."
Apps & Services
"Mozilla CEO John Lilly tells tech blogger Om Malik that the Firefox maker will 'release an app to the iPhone App Store in the next few weeks,' and that 'It'll surprise people.'"
PR: FlightAware, a world leader in flight tracking with over two million monthly users, released the first-ever free flight tracking application for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch. Available today for free download via the Apple App Store, users are able to track the real-time status and position of airline and private flights in the United States. Included with the application is a full screen tracking map that includes aircraft position, speed, altitude, and NEXRAD weather.
FlightAware iPhone App Features
- Free to download, free to use
- Track airline/commercial flights
- Track private/corporate flights
- Search by airline name, flight number, origin and destination, or aircraft registration
- Full-screen map of live aircraft position, altitude, speed (with NEXRAD weather)
- View routing, delays, and other flight information.
FlightAware flight tracking has become a crucial tool for business travelers, aircraft operators, pilots, and more. With the FlightAware Flight Tracker iPhone/iPod app, users will now be able to access valuable FlightAware data for free from anywhere where the iPhone has connectivity.
PR: Purkee today released Tap Grocer 1.3, an update to its grocery app for the iPhone and the iPod touch. New features in this release include a more streamlined user interface, the ability to sort items and grocery sections alphabetically and the option to customize the grocery list font. Tap Grocer is designed to take the work out of building grocery lists. It eliminates the need to retype a user's list each time.
Purkee today released the latest version of Tap Grocer, its grocery app for the iPhone and the iPod touch. New features in this release include a more streamlined user interface, the ability to sort items and grocery sections alphabetically and the option to customize the grocery list font. This release also comes with a new tagline that better communicates its advantage over other grocery list apps on the platform: "Stop making the same list every time".
Unlike most grocery list apps, Tap Grocer is designed to take the work out of building grocery lists. It eliminates the need to retype a user's list each time. One simply uses it to keep track of items in their pantry or refrigerator. Items that run out are automatically added to the user's grocery list.
Tap Grocer's other features include:
- Automatic inventory management. Crossed off items are automatically marked as stocked
- Arrange items via drag and drop
- Group items by grocery sections
- Fully customizable sections, can be rearranged via drag and drop
- Item quantities
- Share and automatically sync grocery list via email
- Icon badge showing the number of items that are currently out of stock
- Preloaded with common sections and items
- Landscape mode
System Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch 2.2 or later
Tap Grocer 1.3 for iPhone is only $2.99 and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.
PR: Readdle announces the immediate availability of BookReader, a stylish ebook reader iPhone application, that lets people read digital books from their collections like the paper ones. BookReader opens TXT, FB2, RTF, EPUB, HTML, and PDF ebooks without DRM protection that could be copied from reader's computer to the iPhone over WiFi, 3G and USB as well as searches and downloads books from Project Gutenberg.
BookReader has number of small handy functions like animated page flipping, night mode for reading in the dark, locking book orientation and adjustable text size. It also provides everything that people need to quickly navigate through the book: configurable bookmarks, full text search and fast scroll slider. It's very natural to read ebooks with BookReader.
"We've seen stylish and intuitive readers for the classics books, as well as for project Gutenberg collection. BookReader extends this realistic reading experience to your own ebook library. By the way, Project Gutenberg is also supported," - explains Alexander Tyagulsky, Readdle CMO.
BookReader is designed to work with non DRM protected ebooks in TXT, FB2, RTF, HTML, EPUB and PDF formats. eReader, iSilo, MobiPocket, Kindle, Plucker ebooks are not supported. Also, people who don't have wireless connection between their Mac or PC and iPhone could transfer their ebook to BookReader using USB cable and ReaddleWire software available at Readdle's website.
BookReader 1.0 is available exclusively on the Apple App Store at $4.99. The application is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch running iPhone OS 3.0 and later.
PR: TimeStream Software announces Pride and Prejudice, the groundbreaking release of its new Notescast for the iPod classic, iPod video, and iPod nano. Treasured as one of the most popular stories of all time, Pride and Prejudice is a captivating novel which portrays the story of a young and intelligent Elizabeth Bennet and her attempts to navigate the structured norms of a 19th century aristocratic society. iPod users can read this classic novel wherever they go and whenever they want.
TimeStream Software, developer of iPod and iPhone Notescasts as mobile marketing tools, eBooks and Disney theme park guides, announces the release of the new groundbreaking 230 page "Pride and Prejudice" Notescast for the iPod classic, iPod video, and iPod nano.
"This story is truly a classic, and at 230 pages, it's perhaps one of the most ambitious Notescasts we've ever developed for the iPod classic and nano." said Mike Westby of TimeStream Software. "We're excited to bring this Notescast book to the iPod for the very first time."
The new Pride and Prejudice Notescast installs to the iPod's "Notes" feature, which is already installed on nearly every iPod classic, iPod video, and iPod nano in use today. Users simply download it to their iPods via their computer and begin reading this classic story on their iPods wherever and whenever they'd like. No Internet access or WiFi signal is required.
Minimum Requirements: Compatible with every iPod classic, iPod video/5th generation, and iPod nano
Availability: TimeStream Software is offering free downloads of the Pride and Prejudice Notescast for the iPod classic, iPod video, and iPod nano at the Notescast website for a limited time.
PR: 288 Vroom LLC introduces 301+ Short Stories 1.0, their slick new eBook reader for iPhone and iPod touch. Developed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone's unique capabilities and peerless interface, 301+ Short Stories are quick, easy, and entertaining reading for on-the-go or anytime. Sit back and unwind to a selection of over 300 of some of the greatest short stories of all time.
301+ Short Stories features an extensive and expanding library, with currently over 301 stories by 89 authors. Stores are multi-genre, including Adventure, Humor, Ghost Stories, Horrors, Mystery, Westerns, Fantasy, Love (and Loss), Sketches of Life, and much more.
Easy-to-use and sporting an eye-catching interface, 301+ Short Stories offers 2 scrolling modes (Continuous and Page by Page) and adjustable story text size for easy reading. And stories are automatically bookmarked as necessary too, making it easy for readers to come back where they left off at any time.
Sample of some of the authors and their stories:
- Louisa May Alcott (Debby's Debut, A Modern Cinderella)
- Honore De Balzac (A Street Of Paris And Its Inhabitant)
- L. Frank Baum (The Capture Of Father Time, The Enchanted Types, The King Of The Polar Bears)
- Emilia Pardo Bazan (First Love)
- Anton Chekhov (About Love, The Bet, In Exile, The Lottery Ticket, The Witch, and more)
- Kate Chopin (A Pair Of Silk Stockings, Beyond The Bayou, The Kiss)
- Daniel Defoe (The Apparition Of Mrs. Veal, Atlantis Major)
- Charles Dickens (The Holly Tree, Three Branches, The Seven Poor Travellers, To Be Read At Dusk)
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (A Cabman's Story, A Case Of Identity, The Man From Archangel, The Red-Headed League)
- H. Rider Haggar (Hunter Quartermain's Story, Long Odds, Only A Dream, and more)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne (The Hollow Of Three Hills, The Seven Vagabonds, and more)
- Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, and more)
- James Joyce (After The Race, The Dead, An Encounter, Grace, and more)
- Franz Kafka (Metamorphosis)
- Jack London (An Adventure In The Upper Sea, The Banks Of Sacramento, That Dead Men Rise Up Never, and more)
- O. Henry (The Gift Of The Magi, The Roads We Take, The Whirligig Of Life, and more)
- Edgar Allen Poe (The Angel Of Odd, The Black Cat, The Domain Of Arnheim, and more)
- Robert Louis Stevenson (A Lodging For The Night, The Sea Fogs, and more)
- Bram Stoker (Dracula's Guest, The Gipsy Prophecy, The Secret Of Growing Gold, and more)
- Mark Twain (The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, A Curious Dream, and more)
- H.G. Wells (The Cone, The Door In The Wall, A Dream Of Armageddon, A Moonlight Fable, and more)
- Oscar Wilde (The Devoted Friend, The Nightingale And The Rose, The Selfish Giant, and more)
- Virginia Woolf (A Society, The Mark On The Wall, Monday Or Tuesday, and more)
"I recently purchased my first iPhone and instantly fell in love with it" said Gregg Levine, founder of 288 Vroom LLC. "As a avid reader, I searched the app store for good reading material for when I was 'mobile'. While I found plenty of book apps to choose from and many relatively inexpensive ones, most were either just a single story or a small collection of stories. So in order to have a large collection of stories on my iPhone, I would have had to pay for a bunch of apps and eventually I would have run out of space on my phone. So I decided to create an app that was inexpensive, attractively designed, and most importantly had a large collection of stories without taking up too much memory on the phone. From this idea came 301+ Short Stories. I hope the users of this app enjoy it as much as I do."
- Extensive and expanding library - currently over 301 stories by 89 authors
- Multi-Genre library Adventure, Humor, Ghost Stories, Horrors, Mystery, Westerns, Fantasy, Love, Sketches of Life, and more
- Easy to use and eye-pleasing interface
- Adjustable story text size
- 2 scrolling modes - Continuous and Page by Page
- Automatically bookmarks each story as needed
System Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
301+ Short Stories 1.0 is 99¢ and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available upon request. All future updates, including story additions, are included with initial purchase.
PR: Matteo Rossi has announced that his popular photo transfer iPhone app iPhone WiFiPhoto has been chosen as an "Apple Staff Favorite" on the US App Store. WiFiPhoto, a fast and straightforward way to transfer photos instead of using emails, has gathered positive reviews from multiple iPhone blogs and tech sites.
"I am very excited that WiFiPhoto has been selected as an Apple Staff Favorite," said Matteo Rossi. "In the next few days I will submit a new update with some great new features."
With a simple and elegant interface, WiFiPhoto makes it easy to download photos from iPhone and iPod touch to any computer over a WiFi network without USB cables. The application works as a web server to which any computer over the LAN can connect via browser (all major ones are supported: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome). It's possible to download multiple pictures in a single compressed file with any desired compression quality at full resolution. The application solves the problem of shrunk photos transferred via email and adds control to finely tune image quality.
Multiple options are available. Server port change makes it possible to face firewall related problems. Users can pick photos from Camera Roll or from Photo Library while adjusting image quality to best fit their needs. WiFiPhoto can be set to transfer a single zipped file as soon as a browser connects to its web page. A video walkthrough is available at Matteo Rossi's website. WiFiPhoto has been positively reviewed by iPhone App Reviews and is recommended by iPhone Application List. It's been #3 in Top Paid Applications in Italy. It's been positively reviewed by Coetus iPhone Atlas.
Supported Languages: US English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Japanese, and Chinese
System Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability: WiFiPhoto 1.1 is 99¢ and available now on the AppStore in the Photography Category.
PR: Sarsoft presents their new iPhone application: Rescue Kit. The idea to create this app is based on a real story, said Jindrich Sarson, director of Sarsoft. When we were driving on the side of road towards mountains, we witnessed a car accident. Everybody knows, that in situations like this, every second counts. Therefore, Sarsoft prepared a unique iPhone application, that will help in crisis situations like this.
Rescue Kit contains functions, that are usually unnecessary for every day (hopefully), but in some situations, they can save a live. The first basic function is a obtaining current position. When calling emergency (122 or 911), giving them the exact GPS coordinates can save countless minutes of finding the accidents location. Rescue Kit also displays your exact position on a map, together with town and street names.
Sarsoft also added a useful flashlight functions into the rescue kit. The SOS flashlight pulses the well known international SOS signal, so that in places with little mobile coverage, you can get the attention of rescue teams. Also, the emergency flashlight can help in many situations to get the attention of drivers when you need to walk on a dark road or drive a bicycle without flashlight.
Rescue Kit was prepared for the iPhone and is sold exclusively on App Store for 99¢ only. Please visit Rescue Kits homepage or the iTunes store product page for more information. You can also contact us via our corporate email.
Supported languages: US English, German, and Czech
Minimum Requirements: iPhone 3.0 or later
Rescue Kit 1.0 for iPhone is only 99¢ and available exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category.
PR: Dangerous Decisions LLC introduces the NIOSH Pocket Guide 1.0, their new chemical hazards database for iPhone and iPod touch. Designed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone's interface, the NIOSH Pocket Guide (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) gives safety professionals immediate access to crucial information on all of 677 chemicals in the database including all the resources of the NIOSH Pocket Guide and much more.
The NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards (NPG) is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals (with their classes) for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. It is a must-have for every safety professional, industrial hygienist, chemist, or collage student seeking a safety degree, and a valuable reference guide for anyone that works with hazardous chemicals in the workplace or at home.
The information found in the NIOSH Pocket Guide help users recognize and control occupational chemical hazards. The NPG does not contain an analysis of all pertinent data. Rather, it presents key information and data in abbreviated or tabular form for chemicals or substance groupings (e.g. cyanides, fluorides, manganese compounds) that are found in the work environment.
Designed as a stand-alone application, the Pocket Guide includes the chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, CAS, RTECS, and DOT numbers, recommended exposure limits (NIOSH RELs), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs), and NIOSH Immediate Dangerous to Life and Health values (NIOSH IDLHs) (documentation for those values). The guide also features a physical description of the agent with chemical and physical properties, measurement methods, personal protection and sanitation recommendations, respirator recommendations, as well as great information on health hazards including route, symptoms, first aid and target organ information.
- Chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, CAS, RTECS, and DOT numbers
- NIOSH Recommended Exposure Limits (NIOSH RELs)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs)
- NIOSH Immediate Dangerous to Life and Health values (NIOSH IDLHs) (documentation for those values)
- A physical description of the agent with chemical and physical properties
- Measurement methods
- Personal protection and sanitation recommendations
- Respirator recommendations
- Information on health hazards including route, symptoms, first aid and target organ information
- Search by Chemical Name, Case number, Synonym and Trade Names
- Access all the appendixes
- Save critical information about regularly worked-with chemicals in the Notes section
- Use the convenient Email function to send Chemical guides and notes to associates
- Load onto all generations of iPhone and iPod touch
- Download to iPhone devices without a wireless connection
"As a safety professional, when emergencies with hazardous chemicals occur, I was frustrated spending valuable time compiling critical response information from multiple sources to get the field a comprehensive safety plan" said Chester Karella, founder and CEO of Dangerous Decisions LLC. "There had to be a better way. My new NIOSH Pocket Guide App allows all the critical information to be quickly deployed to the field from a single application."
System Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
NIOSH Pocket Guide 1.0 is only $9.99 and available exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. Free updates as Chemical exposures recommendations change will be made available. Review copies are available upon request.
PR: Does your iPhone deplete its battery early in the day while you are still out and about? Let this no longer be your problem or issue!! Simply plug the handy, light weight (less than 2 ounces), portable Giessbach iPhone battery booster into the input port of the phone and it is business as usual. The charger is designed to attach directly to the phone. No messy attaching wires. It will more than double the usage time of the phone. Or you can simply attach the charger and, if not used, will fully recharge your depleted phone in about 2 hours.
Sold and guaranteed by Giessbach Products, Inc. Perfect Gift for anyone who has an iPhone or iPod.-1900mAh of stored energy, the largest capacity compact backup power for iPhones on the market (almost twice the charging power of a1000 mAh unit). NOTE: mAh is how batteries are rated for capacity power. The higher the mAh rating, the more powerful the batteries.
Guarantee: If you are not thrilled with the Giessbach iPhone Battery Booster, Return it to us within 30 days for a full refund (including shipping). How good is that!! 4 blue LED lights indicate the remaining charge as it flows from the Power Station to the device. Charge battery with same power cables that came with your iPhone. Works with 3GS, 3G, 2G iPhones; iTouch; all iPod nanos & classic
- Full 1900 mAh Capacity.
- Higher mAh means more powerful battery
- Recharge iPhone from dead to full in about 2 hours
- When fully recharged will almost triple your talk time. Weighs only 2 oz.
- Rechargeable at least 400 times-attach directly to phone; no wires
PR: If you are a fan of iPhone/iPod, you probably will have one or more iPhone/iPod. How you can manage when you are at office or at home? In additional, you probably will have protector, leather case... for them.
Most of the cradles in the world are supposed that you will NOT have any case so if your iPhone/iPod, you basically will not use the cradle because you need to talk off your iPhone/iPod for each Sync and/or Charge with your PC.
This cradle is come to help to remedy the situation. It is for all of the iPhone/iPods (see compatibility below) and most important, it is made for those iPhone/iPod to connect with your PC while they are STILL wearing their cases.
- Make your iPhone/iPods on stage and never get lost under your documents/Stuff on desk
- Sync and Charging your iPhone/iPod from your computer
This accessory is compatible with:
- Apple iPhone 3GS
- Apple iPhone 3G (or iPhone 2nd Generation)
- Apple iPhone 1st generation (2G)
- iPod touch 3rd Gen
- iPod touch 2nd
- iPod classic (6G)
- iPod nano 5th Gen
Note: Shipping on/before 31 Oct 2009.
Test Freaks' Tomas Ratas has posted a detailed review of the Sound ID 400 Bluetooth Headset, noting:
"The adage 'there is always room for improvement' is sometimes overlooked in the world of technology. Companies that do not improve or evolve their products while resting on past accomplishments usually stagnate and eventually fail.
"Recently I reviewed a Bluetooth headset from Sound ID, which had all the makings of a near perfect Bluetooth solution. Unfortunately the outgoing sound quality was poor in relation to its competitors.
"Sound ID went back into their lab and fixed this issue and added some new features to their soon to be released Sound ID 400 Bluetooth headset. Today's review will be looking at this product, as they were kind enough to provide Test Freaks with a preview sample.
"Besides the Sound ID 400, the company will also be unveiling a separate add-on accessory called the Sound ID Remote Microphone, which is a clip on device that pairs with the headset."
PR: This is a fashionable leather case keychain for your new Apple iPod shuffle 3rd Gen.
Why not preserve the looks of your new Apple iPod shuffle 3rd Gen & reduce the risk of damaging it as well. Our custom designed case will help you, so you can use your Apple iPod shuffle 3rd Gen in complete confidence.
- Stylish and compact design
- Precut openings for earphone
- Snap lock closure
- Slim & secure fit for 3rd gen iPod shuffle
- Protect your Shuffle against scratches, dust & shock
PR: CAZE has released the Metallic Case Swarovski Crystal Edition, a premium version of its Just Shine and Lux Twin for iPhone 3G and 3GS. The premium versions add more than 50 Swarovski crystals around the logo hole of the case. A Bright, Shiny, Durable metallic case combining with the Free Swarovski Apple logo will give extra sparkle and shining effects to your iPhone.
CAZE is creating new case styles by mixing colors and crystals. The Just Shine and Lux Twin are characterized by Shinny color effects. In this new versions, CAZE adorned the two shiny mirror-like series with high quality Swarovski Crystals around the logo hole. The Free Swarovski Crystal Apple logo features more than 40 crystals and is visible through the hole in the case for a classy look.
The Premium versions do not only add personal chic but also protect all corners of your iPhone, including the chrome edges. Customers who buy the new versions from CAZE will get a Mirror Screen Protector and a Swarovski Crystal Logo for free.
iPhone CAZE designs and manufactures high quality, fashionable and unique iPhone cases for iPhone 3G/3GS in a wide assortment of styles and colors. iPhone CAZE offers a variety of cases of different materials from leather, metallic, fabric, silicone to Swarovski crystal. Products will be shipped within 24 hours during weekday and 30 Days Money Back Guarantee is provided.
Recent News Roundups
- Tips for New MacBook Users, When (Not) to Buy AppleCare, and More 'Book News, 2012.12.29. Also inside Retina MacBook's asymmetric cooling fans, Windows 8 means lower Windows PC sales, and more 'Book news.
- Confessions of an Apple Store Employee, Refurb Mac Bargains, and More Mac News, 2012.12.29. Also save old RAM when upgrading, latest Geekbench results, use TextEdit as an HTML editor, and more Mac news.
- The Case Against PPC Linux, OS X Tiger on Facebook, ResExcellence Rebirth, and More, 2012.12.22. Also sharing files between OS X, Classic, and Linux; remembering the 20th Anniversary Mac, iMac, SuperDisk, and G3 PowerBooks; and TenFourBird 17 email client released.
- Google Maps #1 iOS App, Android Share Dropped in 2012, New Apps, and More iOS News, 2012.12.22. Also Google Maps drives users to adopt iOS 6, Walmart iDevice price rollback, Easilydo life assistant, waterproof iPhone 5 case, and more iOS news.
- 2012 a Year of Great Change in Apple Portables, Desktop to MacBook, and More 'Book News, 2012.12.22. Also can an iPad replace your MacBook?, EFI update for 13" Retina MacBook Pro, $249 Matrox Thunderbolt dock with video output, and more 'Book news.
- Apple Services Status Monitor, Macs Users the Most Charitable, and More Mac News, 2012.12.22. Also Yahoo mail viewed as platform neutral, EFI update for Late 2012 iMacs, Logos and Photoshop Elements sales, and more Mac news.
- iPhone 5 Is Time's Gadget of the Year, Fundamental iOS 6 Complaints, and More iOS News, 2012.12.17. Also former Mac evangelist an Android fan, iPad changes the way you write, Microsoft Surface falling flat, Google Maps for iOS 6, and more iOS news.
- More in the iOS News Review index.
Links for the Day
- Mac of the Day: PowerBook 165c, introduced 1993.02.10. The first color PowerBook had an attractive screen, slow graphics.
- May 25 in LEM history: 99: OS X and the econoMac - iMac iMpact - 00: Is a Mac better than a PC? - 01: 1993: PowerBook vs. ThinkPad - Old files on a new Mac - 05: Mac minis in classroom a big hit - Of mice and keyboards - 06: The best 'Book for my needs - 07: More RAM vs. matched RAM - Running OS X from flash memory
- Support Low End Mac
Recent Content on Low End Mac
- World Book Encyclopedia 2012 DVD, Tommy Thomas, Reviews, 2013.03.05. "You may be asking yourself, in an age of Wikipedia and instant information, is World Book still relevant?"
- Vintage Computer Festival SouthEast, April 20-21, 2013, Simon Royal, Mac Spectrum, 2013.02.25. Old Apple gear and old PCs.
- iMessage: The Ultimate Messaging Service?, Simon Royal, Mac Spectrum, 2013.02.21. In most ways, Apple's iMessage is far superior to BlackBerry Messenger.
- More links in our archive.
- Best Mac mini Deals
- Best 13" MacBook Pro Deals
- Best Intel iMac Deals
- Best iPod touch Deals
- Best iPhone Deals
- Best iPod nano Deals
- Best iPod classic Deals
- Best Apple TV Prices
- More deals in our archive.
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ