Open Link Policy
Policy created 1999.08.17
Links are the heart of the World Wide Web. The ability to jump between sites, bookmark pages, and go directly to a specific page are part of the Web's core technology.
However, some publishers are trying to prevent others from linking to otherwise public areas of their sites. The legal battle over so-called "deep links" has just begun.
The Open Links Policy makes no judgment about the deep link policies of others. Instead, we affirm the importance of linking on the Web and explicitly permit deep links within our sites.
- Member sites allow and encourage links to any public page, so long as the linked page does not appear within a frame that prevents bookmarking the linked page.
- Member sites will not link to other sites within frames without express permission from those sites unless there is a clearly marked way to break out of the frame.
- Member sites will attribute external links to clearly indicate that they are on a separate web site.
- Member sites respect content ownership and will not knowingly plagiarize content from other sites. (Due to OpenContent Licensing and contributors who freely distribute their original material to multiple sites, material may occasionally appear on more than one site.)
- Member sites may reprint this policy on their servers. They should also link to this page <http://lowendmac.com/link.shtml>, which contains the latest list of member sites.
- Member sites may use the following art on their site and should link it to this page.
If you wish to affirm the Open Link Policy for your site, please email Dan Knight so you can be listed here.
Member Sites and Publishers
- A. Brody's Homepage, A. Brody, webmaster
- Accelerate Your Mac!, Mike Breeden, publisher
- An Apple a Day, Matthew Antonellis
- MyAppleMenu, Heng-Cheong Leong, publisher
- The Bath.net, Roger Houghton, editor
- Bleu Rose Ltd., Charleen Rice, publisher
- Celebrate Y2K, Lori Todd, owner
- Coventry Publishing
- Digigraphica, Dan Knight, publisher
- GeeK NoiZe, V. Silly, owner
- Hot Link Biases, Laurie D. T. Mann
- The iMac 512, G. Younk, webmaster/owner
- John's Vanessa-Mae Homepage, John M. Adriatico
- jp kaytrosh co., John Peter Kaytrosh, webmaster/publisher/owner
- Liepins.de, Lasar Liepins, webmaster/owner
- Laughing Dragon Services, Scott R. Godin, owner
- Leaving WebTV
- Low End Mac, Dan Knight, publisher
- Low End PC, Dan Knight, publisher
- The Mac 512, G. Younk, webmaster/owner
- The Mac 512 User Group, G. Younk, webmaster/owner
- MacEmpire, Edgar Saldivar, owner
- Mac Freewares, Lee Choon Weng
- Mac Gorilla, Chris Turkel, publisher
- MacPiCkS, Greg J Piper, webmaster/owner
- Macs Only!, Bill Fox, publisher
- MacReviewZone, Don Engstrom, editor
- Mac Revolution, internet service provider
- MacSpeedZone, Don Engstrom, editor
- macXcess, Vernon Chan, publisher
- MyUsedMac, LB Neal, owner/webmaster
- Newsbooster, Anders Lautrup-Larsen, publisher
- Radiation Room, DJ Peter Paul, producer
- Reformed.net, Dan Knight, publisher
- Seth's Old Computer Page, Seth Baker, publisher
- Three Macs & a Printer, Matthew Glidden, webmaster
- Via Nova Destination Magazine, Lori Todd, owner
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ