Although the iPhone 5 had been a runaway success, there were some problems with the case bending. This was one thing the iPhone 5C was designed to address with its thicker
plastic polycarbonate enclosure.
The 5C was essentially the iPhone 5 in a new enclosure, with five color options: white, pink, yellow, blue, and green. The 5C is slightly larger, so iPhone 5 cases will not work with it, and about 2/3 ounce heavier. It also has a higher capacity battery.
When the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were introduced, Apple discontinued the higher capacity 5C models and released an 8 GB version as the “free with contract” iPhone.
Over 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C units were sold over its first weekend on the market.
Apple decided to have some fun with the new colors and produced six different “cutout” cases using the five iPhone 5C colors plus black. The cases have round cutouts to show the color of the phone contrasted against the color of the case, which can look quite good at first glance. But at second glance, you see the writing on the back of the iPhone poking through some of those holes.
The 16 and 32 GB versions of the iPhone 5C were discontinued in September 2014, and a new 8 GB 5C was introduced as the new entry-level iPhone. It was discontinued in September 2015, when the iPhone 5S became Apple’s low-end smartphone.
- Announced: 2013.09.10 and available 2013.09.20 at $199 (16 GB) and $299 (32 GB) with a two-year wireless contract. ($549 and $649 respectively without contract.) 8 GB model added 2014.03.18 in select markets, later became entry-level iPhone.
- Included accessories: earbuds, lightning cable
- Code names: N48, N49
- Identifier: iPhone5,3 (GSM/CDMA), iPhone 5,4 (CDMA)
- Model number: A1532 (North America), A1456 (US & Japan), A1507 (UK & Europe), A1529 (Asia & Oceania)
- Product numbers
- GSM NA: MD634 (16 GB black), MD635 (16 GB white), MD636 (32 GB black), MD637 (32 GB white), MD644 (64 GB black), MD645 (64 GB white)
- GSM Int’l:
- GSM & CDMA, Sprint: MD656 (16 GB black), MD657 (16 GB white), MD660 (32 GB black), MD661 (32 GB white), MD667 (64 GB black), MD668 (64 GB white)
- GSM & CDMA, Verizon: MD654 (16 GB black), MD655 (16 GB white), MD658 (32 GB black), MD659 (32 GB white), MD664 (64 GB black), MD665 (64 GB white)
- CPU: 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple A6
- RAM: 1 GB
- Architecture: 32-bit
- Graphics engine: 3-core PowerVR SGX543MP3
- Display: 4.0″ 640 x 1136 pixel 24-bit multitouch screen @ 326 ppi
- rear: 8.0 MP autofocus with LED flash, 1080p video
- front: 1.2 MP FaceTime camera
- Sensors: proximity, ambient light, 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, assisted GPS, compass, Nike+iPod
- Geekbench, single core: 708
- Geekbench, multicore: 1272
- I/O port: Lightning
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz)
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- GSM NA: UMTS/HSDPA+/CD-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz or 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- GSM Int’l: UMTS/HSDPA+/CD-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz, GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), LTE (Bands 1, 3, and 5)
- GSM & CDMA: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz), UMTS/HSDPA+/CD-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz, GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, and 25)
- GPS: Infineon PMB2525 assisted by EDGE, 3G, and WiFi
- Battery: 1507 mAh lithium ion
- Charge time: about 4 hours (2 hour fast charge to 80% capacity)
- Battery life:
- Talk: up to 8 hours
- Standby: up to 225 hours
- Internet: up to 8 hours on 3G, 10 hours on WiFi
- Video: up to 10 hours
- Audio: up to 40 hours
- Original OS: iOS 6
- Maximum OS: current
- iTunes Versions: iTunes 11.1 and later.
- Mac OS Required: OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Windows Versions Supported: 7, Vista, XP Home or Professional SP 3 or later
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions: 4.90″ x 2.33″ x 0.35″ (124.4 x 59.2 x 8.97 mm)
- Weight: 4.65 oz. (132 g)
- Best iPhone Prices, best online deals on iPhones.
- iPhone 5C Technical Specifications, Apple
- iPhone, Wikipedia
- iPhone 5C, Wikipedia
- iPhone 5c, apple-history.com
Short link: http://goo.gl/nHcxEf