Jake Sargent started writing about Macs when he launched TheMacMind.Com, a Mac headline news source, in the Fall of 1999. He has worked with Macs for over eight years and has contributed work to The MacMind, osOpinion, Macworld UK, and The Mac Junkie. His favorite iMac color is Snow.
- Running a Mac Web site: The good, the great, and the greater, 2001.05.04. Sure, there's some stress, but there are a lot of positives as well.
- Apple & Volkswagen, 2001.05.01. Why an Apple-Volkswagen merger would work.
- Buying a Mac on eBay, 2001.04.24. Tips for getting the best deal when buying via auction.
- What made Apple's quarter successful?, 2001.04.20. Mac OS X and the Titanium PowerBook G4 were each a big part of Apple's success.
- Do more with OS X, 2001.04.17. A look at some OS X applications to reduce dependence on the Classic mode.
- Customize Mac OS X, 2001.04.06. How to change icons, the toolbar, and the dock - and make OS X a bit faster.
- Ready, AIM, Fire, 2001.04.03. Does AOL have the right to refuse service to Fire users?
- Carbon, Cocoa, or Classic?, 2001.03.30. A look at the three application environments inside Mac OS X.
- Your Mac OS X questions answered, 2001.03.27. Solutions to some common problems OS X users are running into.
- Enough criticism, Apple deserves a break, 2001.03.23. We should praise Apple for what OS X is, not condemn them because of what is missing.
- Apple Store vs. Gateway Country, 2001.03.20. How Apple Retail Stores will probably differ from Gateway Country Stores.
- Macintosh: The next generation, 2001.03.16. Thoughts on the future of the Cube, iMac, PowerBook, Power Mac, and iBook.
- Accessorize your TiBook, 2001.03.13. Cases, a scanner, earphones, a new Visor, and more for the PowerBook G4.
- Prep your Mac for OS X, 2001.03.09. Getting ready for the release of OS X in two weeks.
- Get around the Napster block, 2001.03.06. Bypassing Napster's screening - and alternate sources of shared music.
- The gaming challenge, 2001.03.02. How programmers try to make games challenging for all players.
- Apple's Internet strategy: Reorganization in progress, 2001.02.27. Apple's unique Internet services such as iTools give it a real advantage.
- Apple & rumor sites: A bad mix?, 2001.02.23. "In a way, rumors have become an essential part of being a Mac addict."
- My iPinion, 2001.02.20. When are "iNames" okay to use, and when are they unprofessional and untasteful?
- Windows XP vs. Mac OS X, 2001.02.16. Microsoft again looks to Apple for inspiration, this time copying OS X features for Windows XP.
- Layoffs may hurt Mac market, 2001.02.13. 26,000 at Chrysler. 14,000 at Lucent. 4,000 at Motorola - could it impact G4 production?
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ