What to Do with the Unemployed Gateway Cow
Steve, the "Dude, you're getting a Dell" guy, isn't the only Windows PC spokesperson to get the ax recently. Gateway is also retiring their cows.
Now that Gateway has decided to abandon its Spotted Cow motif and move on to a splat-shaped logo (henceforth known as the Gateway Cow Pie Power Button Logo™), there's really no more need for the cow that has been the mainstay of Gateway's advertising for years. What are they going to do with it? Here are some ideas . . . no charge, courtesy of the Lite Side.
- Put it out to pasture along with the Gateway Profile.
- One word: hamburger.
- Two words: cow tipping.
- Oakland, CA petting zoo could use more farm animals.
- That ain't Corinthian leather you're sitting on, pal.
- Another word: steak.
- Got Milk commercial . . . send it wandering down Main Street of Biggs, California and wait for someone to freak out.
- Leave it in the principal's office as a senior prank.
- Milk it. Turn milk into cheese. Make large flat round cheese wheel, with tiny holes which can be read by a laser. Voilà, the Gateway Cheese Drive.
- From cow pies produced, generate methane to heat Gateway Country Store and create new corporate logos on demand.
Recent Lite Sides
- You Might Be a Computer Geek If..., 2009.06.17. 20 signs that you just might possibly be a computer geek.
- What if Apple thought like a PC company?, 2007.11.01. Apple has innovated and blazed its own trail. But what if it had followed the path taken by the PC copycats?
- How Microsoft can turn Vista lemons into lemonade, 2007.10.22. How Microsoft could profit by no longer allowing manufacturers to sell new PCs with Windows XP installed.
- More in the The Lite Side index.
Links for the Day
- Mac of the Day: Power Mac 7500, introduced 1995.08.08. This workhorse introduced a new desktop case and CPU daughter cards.
- June 19 in LEM history: 00: Mac software not 'as pathetic as it could be' - 01: Hate Windows? Get a Mac - Little payments, big business - 02: Undoing years of Mac evangelism? - 03: Back on the low-end TiBook - 06: Pimping my PowerBook G4 - 07: Safari for Windows not a slam dunk success - 08: What about the iPod touch? - Falling for the Sony Alpha α200
- Support Low End Mac
Recent Content on Low End Mac
- World Book Encyclopedia 2012 DVD, Tommy Thomas, Reviews, 2013.03.05. "You may be asking yourself, in an age of Wikipedia and instant information, is World Book still relevant?"
- Vintage Computer Festival SouthEast, April 20-21, 2013, Simon Royal, Mac Spectrum, 2013.02.25. Old Apple gear and old PCs.
- iMessage: The Ultimate Messaging Service?, Simon Royal, Mac Spectrum, 2013.02.21. In most ways, Apple's iMessage is far superior to BlackBerry Messenger.
- More links in our archive.
- Best Mac mini Deals
- Best 13" MacBook Pro Deals
- Best Intel iMac Deals
- Best iPod touch Deals
- Best iPhone Deals
- Best iPod nano Deals
- Best iPod classic Deals
- Best Apple TV Prices
- More deals in our archive.
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ