Genesis MP & Millennium
The DayStar Genesis MP and Millennium systems are
identical except for outside case color. The Millennium is
black, the Genesis MP is "Apple" Platinum.
- Case Style
- Floor standing tower with easy access to all
motherboard components, including RAM, hard drives and
PCI expansion cards.
- Outer Dimensions:
- 21"h x 8.5"w x 22.25"d
- Drive Expansion
- (10) drive bays; (3) 5.25-inch or 3.5-inch bays with
external access & (7) 3.5-inch internal drive
- Expansion Bus
- (6)+ PCI slots
- Processor Support
- PowerPC 604e, from one to four CPUs
PowerPC 750, single CPU
- Yes, users can upgrade to faster, and/or additional
- Memory Expansion
- 12 DIMM slots capable of supporting 1.5 GB of
- Memory data path
- 64-bit data bus, 128-bit interleaving supported.
- Power Supply
- 350 watt
- Internal SCSI
- Fast, SCSI-2 (supports 7 devices)
- External SCSI
- Standard (supports 7 devices)
- Internal, Quad speed, tray load
- Sound Support
- 16-bit stereo in and out
- Ethernet [10BaseT, Apple AUI (AAUI)] and
- Additional I/0
- GeoPort, Serial and ADB support
- Additional Controls
- Power on front panel.
- PowerPC 604e, from one to four CPUs, 180MHz to 233
PowerPC 750, single CPU, 250 MHz and up, as
- Processor Card
- 2 or 4 processors
- Compatible with all 9500/8500 compatible CPU
- Secondary Cache
- 512K static RAM cache
- Video Support
- PCI video card required (optional)
- Multispeed CD-ROM included
- Mouse included. Keyboard, monitor and video card sold
- Price List
- View the latest price
list for Genesis MP.
- Year 2000 Compliance.
- All DayStar systems are designed around the Mac OS,
and therefore are completely year 2000 compliant.
- <back to DayStar
index or Low
End Mac home
© 1998-2001 by DayStar Technologies, Inc.
Posted by permission. All Rights Reserved. Low End Mac is an independent publication and has not been authorized,
sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. Opinions expressed are
those of their authors and may not reflect the opinion of Cobweb
Publishing. Advice is presented in good faith, but what works for one
may not work for all.
Entire Low End Mac website copyright ©1997-2016 by Cobweb Publishing, Inc. unless otherwise noted. All
rights reserved. Low End Mac, LowEndMac, and lowendmac.com are
trademarks of Cobweb Publishing Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh,
iPad, iPhone, iMac, iPod, MacBook, Mac Pro, and AirPort are registered trademarks of Apple
Inc. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or
registered trademarks and are hereby acknowledged.
Please report errors to
LINKS: We allow and encourage links to
any public page as long as the linked page does not appear within a
frame that prevents bookmarking it.
Email may be published at our discretion unless marked "not for
publication"; email addresses will not be published without permission,
and we will encrypt them in hopes of avoiding spammers. Letters may be
edited for length, context, and to match house style.
PRIVACY: We don't collect personal
information unless you explicitly provide it, and we don't share the
Lisa • NeXT
Mac Daniel's Advice
Online Tech Journal
Best of the Web
Best of the Mac Web
Used Mac Dealers
Mac OS X
About Low End Mac