iMac and eMac Index
- Got an iMac? Join LEM's iMac group on Google Groups.
- See our Guide to G3 iMacs, a quick overview of every G3 iMac.
- 17" and 20" 1.8-2.0 GHz iMac Core Duo
- 17" 1.8 GHz iMac Core Duo, education edition
- 17", 20", and 24" iMac Core 2 Duo
- 20" and 24" iMac Core 2 Extreme
- 20" and 24" iMac Penryn, April 2008
- 20" and 24" iMac (DisplayPort), March 2009
- 20" and 24" iMac, education edition, March 2009
- 21.5" and 27" iMac, October 2009
- 21.5" and 27" iMac, July 2010
- 21.5" and 27" iMac, May 2011
G5 iMac Profiles
- 17" and 20" 1.9-2.1 GHz iMac G5 (Oct. 2005)
- 17" and 20" 1.8-2.0 GHz iMac G5 (May 2005)
- 17" and 20" 1.6-1.8 GHz iMac G5 (2004)
- 15" iMac G4/700 & 800 (1/02)
- 17" iMac G4/800 MHz (7/02)
- 15" iMac G4/800 MHz (2/03)
- 17" iMac G4/1 GHz (2/03)
- 15" iMac G4/1 GHz (9/03)
- 17" iMac G4/1.25 GHz (9/03)
- 20" iMac G4/1.25 GHz (11/03)
- iMac (October 1999)
- iMac (Summer 2000), new color palette
- iMac (Early 2001)
- iMac (Summer 2001)
- Low End Mac's Compleat Guide to Mac OS 9, 2008 edition, Charles Moore, Miscellaneous Ramblings, 2008.05.12. Declared dead by Steve Jobs 6 years ago, Mac OS 9 remains fast and stable, but Classic software hasn't kept up with Web changes. What Macs support OS 9, where to buy it, and how to update to version 9.2.2.
- Upgrades for the tray-loading iMac, 2003.05.12. Overview of memory, hard drive, CD-RW, and CPU upgrade options for the Rev. A-D iMac.
- Upgrading your G3 iMac, Evan Kleiman, Mac Daniel, 2003.03.07. Three types of upgrades that can improve your old iMac for less than the cost of buying a new one.
- Rage at being left behind, Dan Knight, Mac Musings, 2001.12.24. It's official - Apple doesn't plan to support graphics acceleration for any Mac with ATI Rage video. That includes the Rev. A-D iMacs.
- OS X graphics speedup with early ATI video, Mac OS X: Optimizing for Earlier ATI Graphics Accelerators, 2001.03.09. iMac 233, 266, and 333 faster displaying thousands of colors, not millions.
- OS X: Macworld UK noted on 2001.03.28 that the OS 9.1 CD included with OS X will not install on the PowerBook G4, Power Mac G4 (133 MHz bus), or 2001 iMacs. The solution is to use the Mac OS 9.1 CD that came with the computer.
- Shot in the foot again: Firmware update disables RAM, Dan Knight, Mac Musings, 3/25. "...we should not be at risk of losing some or all of the memory in our Macs because of a firmware update."
- SCSI and FireWire Disk Modes, Paulo Rodrigues, Tangerine Fusion, 11/29. How to use SCSI Disk Mode and FireWire Target Disk Mode for ultra fast file transfers.
- Time for a New iMac, Dan Knight, iMac Channel, 11/2. The iMac is an unqualified success, but it's time for a change.
- Opinion: Is the iMac becoming Apple's K-car?, Charles Moore, Moore's Machine, Mac Junkie, 10/3. "As for the iMac, it needs a complete redesign...."
- Advice: One Mac, many users: The multiple users control panel, David Pogue, Mastering Your Mac. How to set up OS 9 for two or more users.
- Hands On: iMAXpowr G3 and G4, MyMac, 9/00. In many real-world tests, the G3/466 "felt quicker" than the G4/433 - something LEM has maintained for some time.
- Profiles: new iMac, iMac DV, iMac DV+, iMac DV Special Edition
- Review: iForce, The Review, MacNN, 6/21/00. 400 and 500 MHz upgrades for drawer-loading iMacs.
- Guide to iMac CPU upgrades
- Giving your iMac a brain transplant, Gene Steinberg, Arizona Central, 3/23. You can upgrade an old iMac to 466 MHz, but is it worth the cost?
- The rack-mount iMac, Charles Moore, Applelinks, 3/23. ISP repacks $1,000 iMac (less monitor) for a small, inexpensive, powerful server.
- The dubious economics of processor upgrades, Charles Moore, Miscellaneous Ramblings, 2/7. Even if you can upgrade the CPU, should you?
- Review: iMAXpowr G3, MacUser (UK). "The iMAXpowr is a revelation: an upgrade for a supposedly non-upgradable machine."
- Hands On: iMAXpowr G3/466, Insanely Great Mac, 2/1. First CPU upgrade for the iMac (Rev. A-D).
- The iMac channel
- The iMac email list
- The iMac NewsPage
- iMac Currents
- The iMac ring
Low End Mac Reader Specials
Cult of Mac
Shrine of Apple
The Mac Observer
Accelerate Your Mac
The Vintage Mac Museum
Mac Driver Museum
System 6 Heaven
System 7 Today
the pickle's Low-End Mac FAQ